64-70 Classic Mustang Wheel Mini Tub Kit – a great addition for builders looking for a wide and tall wheel!
An Autoworks Parts exclusive, our 1964-1970 Mustang mini wheel tub housing kit is Made in the U.S.A using heavy 16g sheet metal. This mini wheel tub kit replaces your stock inner wheel house and gives more room during rear suspension articulation, thus allowing larger wheels without having to sacrifice your back seat or do any messy cutting of the frame rails.
Standard inner housings have a “U” shape that restricts wheel size, as do some of our competitor’s wheel tub kits. Our kit alleviates that by squaring it off and adding depth that extends to the frame rail. Kit includes one pair of inner replacement wheel housings. An outer wheel house extension kit is also available.
- Cutting and welding required. We recommend a professional installer, but we’re here to help if you want to install yourself!
- Fabrication required for Trunk Hinge lower support bracket.
- 1965-1966 Mustangs may require massaging to the interior quarter panel.
- It’s a good idea to trim/roll the quarter panel “lips” to assure maximum wheel clearance but be sure not to cut into factory spot welds.
- We’ve achieved a size 20”x8.5” (on a 1965-1966 Mustang, 1967-1970 may see greater results) wheel using our kit. Results will vary based on installation tolerances, suspension and wheel offset.
- Custom widths available. Contact us.
- Every kit is fabricated by hand in the U.S by American fabricators.
- May fit on other early Fords such as Falcon and Fairlane. Our customers have installed these on other early Fords with success as per their feedback.