Mustang Electric Power Steering Assist for 1968-1970 Classic Mustang by EPAS
EPAS Performance has introduced modern steering technology for your classic mustang. Available for 1964-1970 Mustangs, Falcons, Comets, Rancheros and more, the EPAS Electric Power Steering Assist Kit will take your Mustang steering system to the next level. Made in the U.S.A, this kit is a nice alternative to the often used Hydraulic Power Steering Conversion Box and will work with both an IDIDIT column or a factory column. Column modifications will be necessary to install this kit, or the kit can be purchased with an IDIDIT brand column ready for bolt in.
HOW IT WORKS:
The computer measures the amount of effort on the steering wheel and amplifies it with the aid of the electric motor. A potentiometer allows you to have more or less assistance, so you can adjust the amount of power assist. For example, you can have maximum power assist while in a parking lot, and less on the highway.
- Reuses OE hardware
- No welding required on most applications
- Adjustable power assist
- Prewired for ease of install
- Average install time of 10 hours
- Direct bolt-on; no extra parts needed
- Less engine power draw = more power for fun
- Features a low 9 amp draw
- Engineered and assembled in the U.S.
- Factory calibrated
- 45 amp electric motor unit
- Mounting hardware
- Prewired control module